Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Weekly Log: 3.21.16 - 3.27.16

Monday - 0 miles

Snow! Not as much as was possible but enough heavy stuff to keep me working at home today.  It was pretty much gone by the evening which I guess is for the best.

Tuesday - 0 miles

In a frumpy mood today.  A bleak mood.  Not even interested in planking this morning.  I tried for about 45 seconds and then gave up.  Meh.

Wednesday - 0 miles

7:38 of planks (Elbow - 3:04 / Straight left arm - 1:11 / Straight right arm - 1:13 / Straight arm - 2:10)

Well, I finally got back to the plank routine this week.  Better late than never.  We're up to seven and a half minutes of planking.  Oof.

Thursday - 0 miles

7:38 of planks (Elbow - 2:40 / Straight left arm - 1:16 / Straight right arm - 1:31 / Straight arm - 1:26)

Friday - 0 miles

7:36 of planks (Elbow - 2:44 / Straight left arm - 1:15 / Straight right arm - 1:37 / Straight arm - 1:09)

I finished the work week with a lunch yoga session.  Otherwise a pretty blah week.

Saturday - South Kingstown, RI - 2.5 miles

I was pretty bummed to miss the Brrr-lingame trail race today.  It's the fourth race in the series and without it my overall standings in the series plummeted.  Nuts.

I took the dog for a walk in Perryville on the DuVal trails.  God that dog is a spazz.  Every person or animal we encounter he barks at.  It's our fault for not training him better but it makes walks in the woods a real pain in the ass.  Anyway it was good to get out there.

Sunday - 0 miles

5:32 of planks (Elbow - 2:05 / Straight left arm - 1:03 / Straight right arm - 1:14 / Straight arm - 1:10)

This was an intentionally short plank session to at least get something done on this lovely Easter day.


Weekly Mileage: 2.5 miles
Year to Date; 139.9 miles


Well that was a sad week, wasn't it?  In retrospect I don't mind - I am injured after all and this is some goooood resting.  The stress fracture is feeling much better.  No aching or stinging whatsover and it's not sensitive when I touch it.  I plan to take another two weeks off and if it feels alright I'll slowly slowly begin to work in some jogging over the next six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment