Monday, January 28, 2019

Weekly Log: 1.21.19 - 1.27.19

Monday - 0 miles

Still down in Nashville but decided to give my legs a day off.  A few straight days of pavement was wearing the soles of my feet out (need some new road shoes) and I figured I'd get in a decent run tomorrow.

Tuesday - Nashville, NT - 9 miles - 1550' elevation

Got out of the house just after sunrise in brisk mid 20s weather.  I mapped out a run through the local neighborhoods to bring me to a big hill which I went up and down and up and down.  It did the trick and I received a goodly amount of elevation for my efforts.  Great views at the top.  Then off to Waffle House for breakfast before we packed up and eventually made our way back to Rhode Island.

Wednesday - Seekonk, MA - 4 miles - 300' elevation

No snow in Charlestown but there was some crunchy snow/ice near work so I did some easy trail miles on the trails near the Wheeler School in Seekonk.  At first I was regretting not bringing some traction but after a few minutes I found my snow legs.

Thursday - 0 miles

Pouring rain and very windy.  No thanks.

Friday - 0 miles

I was down in Virginia for work.  In a shameful act, I decided to spend the early morning lounging in my comfy bed rather than exploring local walking paths.  I regret this.

Saturday - Wakefield, RI - 6 miles - 700' elevation

After dropping Ez off at drama class, I went to Old Mountain field for some easy miles.  A few of the less used trails were difficult to follow (a little bushwhacking involved) which left me with some good briar scratches.  A bunch of repeats up to the rocky outcroppings resulted in some good elevation gain.  With just a few minutes left in the run I managed to roll my left ankle very badly.  I knew right away it was much worse than other recent ankle incidents and I hobbled back to the car.  Gah.

Sunday - 0 miles

Ankle is swollen and it really hurts.  Looks like I'll be taking it easy for a little while.

Weekly Mileage: 19 miles / 2600' elevation

Year to Date: 93 miles / 17,800' elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment