Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Double Header Weekly Log: 3.31.14 - 4.6.14

This will be an easy week for me running wise.  Very easy.  I've got not one but two races this weekend.  I had signed up for the Jamestown Bridge 10k a while ago when TriMom offered a big discount.  I really enjoyed this race last year and was excited to do it again.  Then Galoob had to go and decide to host the Big River Half Marathon the day before.  Thanks a lot.  Well there's no way I'm missing the last race of the trail series (not to mention the 2nd race of the Rhode Island Triple Crown) so it looks like I'll be double dipping this weekend.

A trail 1/2 marathon followed by a road 10k (with three major climbs) is not ideal.  My plan is to do little running this week to give my feet a rest after two consecutive 50 mile weeks.  I generally recover well from trail races so my plan is to take on Big River as it were my only race.  Then I'll scrape together whatever dregs are left in the tank, mix them with some beer and hope I can muster a decent performance on Sunday.

Monday - 0 miles


Tuesday - Charlestown, RI - 2.7 miles

Ab Ripper X (15 minutes) / 150 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 30/20/30/20/20/30

A short dog jog and then my first Ab Ripper in two weeks.  Rough.  When I take a break from the core work it's always tough the first round back.

Wednesday - 0 miles

P90X Shoulders & Arms (60 minutes)

Wow.  Been a while since I tackled a full hour P90X workout but I got back into the swing of things soon enough.  It felt good to do some strength training again with weights.  Abs were feeling it today from yesterday's Ripper.  I'm sure my arms will be joining in tomorrow.

Thursday - Rome Point, North Kingstown, RI - 5.2 miles

Ran some easy miles at Rome Point.  One of the initial side trails had serious water and I opted to not try my luck.  Most of the other trails were in good shape.  Beautiful weather and I spent some time on the beach, staring at the Jamestown Bridge.  Oh that's right, I'll be running over that on Sunday.  With about two miles to go that nerve twitch on my right foot began to sting periodically.  That gets a big ol' meh from me - I had hoped that this easy week would have vanquished it.  With a full weekend of racing ahead I doubt I've seen the last of it but it is never that difficult to deal with so I figure we'll get through this weekend and reassess.


Friday - 0 miles

P90X2 Yoga X2 (60 minutes)

That's right, I finally got Yoga done.  Lost a little flexibility and my hips/quads were pretty sore afterwards.  But I was glad to finally get through it.  Now to make it a weekly occurrence.

Saturday - Big River Half Marathon - 13.9 miles

Official time: 1:34:17.  6th overall.  Report here.

Sunday - Jamestown Bridge 10k - 9.5 miles

Official time: 38:19.  4th overall.  1st in Age Group.  Report eventually.

Weekly log: 31.3 miles

Year to Date: 541.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment