Friday, April 17, 2015

Weekly Log: 4.13.15 - 4.19.15

Monday - Providence, RI - 7 miles

Legs were pretty sore after 12 miles in Burlingame yesterday.  I went out at a slow pace and toured around the East Side, hitting up India Point Park, Brown University and Blackstone Park.  Beautiful day out there and I took it easy, just enjoying the weather along the bustling streets.

Tuesday - 0 miles

It's mah birthday!  And in honor of it I ran no miles but did eat several helpings of cake - both ice cream and white.  Dinner at the Rathskellar too.

Wednesday - East Providence, RI - 7 miles

120 push-ups (standard) 20/20/20/20/20/20

Another easy day as my legs still don't have much life.  I went over to the Turner Reservoir and did a loop on the trails.  Tried to best my segment on a quick peninsula loop but I came up short.  A gorgeous day in the mid 60s!  I was actually sweating and guess I have to get used to cleaning up at the office after my lunch runs again.

Thursday - Seekonk, MA/North Kingstown, RI - 17 miles

With no chance of a long run this weekend, I opted to put in some good miles today.  First at lunch I went over to the Seekonk Meadows for 3.5 easy trail miles.  In the woods I encountered a woman with eight dogs.  Amazingly she had really good control over them and they sort of just swarmed around her.  Queen of the Hounds.

After work I went over to the band house and did a long run.  From Plum Point I went down through Rome Point and then hit the road up to the NK Town Beach neighborhood.  Yesterday my knee was achy after the run but today it felt good.  In fact I felt good all around and really enjoyed the run.  I went up through Wilson Park, past the library and then took the rail bed trail up and around to Annaquatucket.  It's always enjoyable running my childhood streets - brings back strong memories.  I began to tire on the side roads along Annaquatucket but these last few miles were some of the most nostalgic so they passed quickly.  Glad to see that someone has finally taken permanent residence in my old family home on Featherbed.  Seventeen miles on the day - not too shabby.

Friday - Exeter, RI - 2.4 miles

150 push-ups (standard) 25/25/25/25/25/25

No running today as I've errands to do (and I figure the legs could use the rest).  I didn't have the pep to do push-ups in the morn so I brought the push-up bars into work and did 'em in my office.  Multi-tasking!

Okay so scratch that - the boss let me out early since I'm on vacation next week but then I had to pick up Ezri from afterschool.  I parked and briefly checked out the trails along Yawgoo pond.  Disturbed a young couple smoking their tweeds.  Seems like a cool trail network - wished I could have explored further.

Saturday - Charlestown, RI - 6.6 miles

In the afternoon I set out for an hour run.  I decided to explore Richard Trails off of Route 2.  The official network is pretty small but there's a side trail that goes into Narragansett territory.  I followed the trail (along with some dirt bike tracks) for as long as I could.  At points the trail was difficult to follow.  Eventually I returned to Charlestown land but there came a point were I couldn't see the trail at all so I turned around. Another fun little trail run.

Sunday - 0 miles

On the road all day as we headed south for an April vacation.  We arrive in Greenbelt, Maryland just north of D.C.  We'll be exploring our Nation's capitol for the next few days.  Looking forward to it and there's a trail network across the road from the hotel.

Weekly Mileage: 40.1 miles

Year to Date: 476.4 miles


I'm glad I got out there on Saturday to make this my third 40 mile week in a row.  There have  been times when the janky knee hasn't felt great in the wake of some of these runs however over all it seems to have held up well.  Pleased with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment