Friday, November 7, 2014

Weekly Log: 11.3.14 - 11.9.14

Here we are in November.  Another year almost done.  I've had some great running success this year but I'm a bit bummed that I'm having to take it easy lately due to Janky Knee.  I'd like to increase the mileage this week but I'll have to pay attention to how everything's feeling.  Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm probably going to skip Li'l Rhody this year.  I think it's better if I don't throw in a hard trail effort in two weeks time.  I'd rather continue to slowly get back into running so that I'm good shape for the South County 4th Season Trail Race Series.

Monday - Seekonk, MA - 3.2 miles

42 pull-ups (standard/chin-up/close grip) 6/10/6/6/8/6

Warm day out there!  I ventured over to the trails along the Turner Reservoir.  A lot of the exposed roots had been spraypainted white which I thought was odd - then I realized that the Seekonk High School next door probably uses these trails for their cross country coarse.  Felt good to be out there running and I made a short Strava segment from a loop that juts out into the lake.  Knee felt okay but my quad was extremely sore for the rest of the day.

Tuesday - 0 miles

P90X Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (60 minutes)

It's probably been six months since I last did a full P90X workout.  I put in a good hard effort but I overdid it a bit as my triceps began to hurt by the end of the day.

During the day I both voted and gave blood - double threat guy!

Wednesday - East Providence, RI - 5.1 miles

DOMS!  My upper body is super sore all over.  Guess I need to resume the P90X more often.  And I definitely strained my triceps yesterday.  Today I ran along the 10 Mile River bikepath.  I kept the pace very easy and was constantly analyzing every little twitch and ache from my knee.  Explored a few trailish areas of Slater Park before returning to the car.  Overall a good run but my knee was achey that night.

Thursday - 0 miles

47 pull-ups (standard/chin-up) 8/11/6/7/7/8

Friday - Charlestown, RI - 3 miles

The only activity today was an early morning dog jog.  Hopefully I'll get in a 6-7 trail run this weekend.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - 0 miles

Notions of a mid-day trail run vanished as a lazy Sunday took root.  

Weekly Mileage: 12.2 miles
Year to Date: 1,588 miles

2 comments:

  1. Smart resting the knee...Sunday you're welcome to come down and pace me for a lap or two in Warwick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fairly detailed regimen. That should be held as both an example and a point of reference for how to deal with knee problems should they kick up a storm in other people. That, plus medical support should really help folks pull through quickly from their pain. Thanks for sharing! Take care!

    Agnes Lawson @ Pain Relief Experts

    ReplyDelete