Friday, June 12, 2015

Weekly Log: 6.8.15 - 6.14.15

Monday - Seekonk, MA - 2.5 miles

170 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 30/20/30/35/20/35

Wasn't looking to run much today and decided at the last minute to do a loop around the Turner Reservoir and then a couple miles in the Seekonk Meadows.  My janky knee began this weird "pulse" feeling after two miles.  It was sporadic but very noticeable and I decided to bail on the rest of the run.  I wanted this to be a low mileage week anyway and I don't want to chance it.

Tuesday - 0 miles

Bah.  My janky knee is sore today.  The damn thing feels off.  And on the drive home the heel on that foot really began to ache.  My legs are falling apart!

Wednesday - 0 miles

Ab Ripper X (15 minutes)

Knee still feels off.  Me no likey.  I did get a decent Ripper session done in the morning.  And at lunch, I went back over and did lunch yoga for the first time in a long time.  I think it's definitely good for me and I need to make a habit of it.  I know I've said that before.  Hopefully tomorrow I can try a short run.

Thursday - Charlestown, RI/Seekonk, MA - 6.1 miles

Did two miles in the morning with the dog.  Knee felt okay but still off a bit.  At lunch I chanced a trail run over in Seekonk Meadows.  I cinched that knee strap thing I have up tight and did four easy miles in the oppressive heat.  I wore my MT00s were are as minimal as trails shoes get - haven't worn them since the Resolution 5k but I do enjoy them so long as the trail isn't technical.  I discovered a new trail that runs out along the river - it's twisty turny and goes by a cool old stone basement.  A shitload of poison ivy on either side of the path so I had to step carefully.  Knee didn't feel any worse while running so I take that as a good sign!  Good lord it was hot though.

Friday - 0 miles


Ab Ripper X (15 minutes)
205 push-ups (standard/wide) 35/35/35/35/30/35

Two times in the week seems to make all the difference with Ab Ripper.  I was able to get through most of the exercises this time.   Then late morning at the office I grinded out some sets of push-ups.

Unfortunately my knee has been achy all day.  I was planning to do six easy but the Jank seems to have definitely returned so I pulled the ripcord and decided to rest it.  I'm pretty bummed - especially being only two weeks removed from Ragnar - but I'm hopeful that a few more days will improve things.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - 0 miles

Knee was achy/sore on Saturday so I rested it as planned.  It was still cruddy on Sunday so I delayed my morning run and instead focused on yard work.  Those afternoon runs rarely materialize when I'm feeling good so I wasn't shocked that I had zero motivation to get out there and eek out a few miles.  Instead we went to East Beach in the late afternoon to take advantage of living so close to lovely beaches.

Weekly Mileage: 8.8 miles
Year to Date: 795.2 miles


Well this week was a bust.  It's hard not to let the janky knee bum me out.  But I'll try to think of this as a positive rest week that let my body otherwise recover.  I did get into a good rhythm of push-ups/core work this week so that's something.

1 comment: