Thursday, June 25, 2015

Weekly Log: 6.22.15 - 6.28.15

June is almost over.  Yikes!  Should be a fun week though with the Ragnar Trail Relay on Friday/Saturday.  Looking forward to contributing to a kickass team.

Monday - Providence, RI - 7.4 miles

200 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 35/25/35/35/30/40

I really would like to finish the Strava Nepal challenge which involves hitting 7,400 of climbing in June.  Cake for some people but a challenge for me, especially since I was without a space watch for Week 1 and had off my feet for Week 2.  With with about 2,700 of climbing during my three Ragnar legs I shouldn't have a problem hitting it by the end of the month.  Still I needed a decent amount today to keep me on track.  But it was 82 in the city today.  Not ideal.

Still I ventured over to College Hill and ran up and down a bunch of streets like an asshole.  I brought a handheld with me which proved sound and my legs were pretty trashed by the time I returned to the office.  A tough run I'm glad I fit in because I'll be taking it easy in anticipation of Friday.

Tuesday - 0 miles

Ab Ripper X (15 minutes)

No running today but I did a lunch yoga session.

Wednesday - East Providence, RI - 6 miles

240 push-ups (standard/wide) 40/35/40/40/40/45

Another hot day and I wanted something pretty easy so I mapped out a new loop.  I started at the Ten Mile River bike path and took it up to Slater Park, hitting some trails alongside it.  Then I jumped on the train tracks and ran them up to a small neighborhood on the other side of the river.  A busier road brought me over to the familiar Seekonk Meadows and I ran the trails here on the other side of the river before taking neighborhood roads back to the car.  Fun loop and I enjoyed connecting these distinct areas.

Thursday - 0 miles

Rest day before the Ragnar mayhem.

Friday - Northfield, MA - 11.6 miles

Saturday - Northfield, MA - 5.2 miles

Ragnar Trail Relay which was Friday afternoon into early early Saturday morning.  Separate write-up forthcoming.

Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 3.2 miles

Short afternoon run with the dog to shakeout the legs after the Ragnar abuse.  Legs didn't feel too bad though my ankles are pretty sore from all the descents of the previous day.

Weekly Mileage: 33.7 miles

Year to Date: 828.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment