Friday, February 17, 2017

Weekly Log: 2.13.17 - 2.19.17

Monday - Charlestown, RI - 8.4 miles

7:30 minutes of planks (longest - 4:46)

Day #3 of working from home.  A man could get used to this.  I ran much of the same route I did during yesterday's snowstorm but now the roads were clear and the gusts were powerful. A good midday run.

Tuesday - 0 miles


Wednesday - Seekonk, MA - 7 miles

6:30 minutes of planks (longest - 3:43)
The roads in East Providence are shit now with all the snow.  Many of the sidewalks are covered and people drive like assholes.  I went over to Seekonk because at least the country roads there are wider.  People still drive like assholes but at least you can usually see them coming.  Anyway a fun lollipop route I took it easy on.

Thursday - Seekonk, MA - 6.1 miles

6:30 minutes of planks (longest - 3:02)

Another run on mostly quiet streets.  A bit of a trudge but I got it done.  On the plus side Amanda and I decided to head to New Hampshire this weekend for some hiking.  Overnights with the Grandparents sort of just lined up and we've decided to make use of it.  They've gotten a couple big storms over the past week so there's gonna be a lot of snow!  We'll see how we do.

Friday - North Kingstown, RI/East Providence, RI - 13.4 miles

6 minutes of planks (longest - 3:08)

Left the house early and went over to Ryan Park.  The main path has an icy monorail - perfect with microspikes.  I ran most of the main trails - the few times I stepped into less packed terrain it became a posthole nightmare.  So I mostly stuck to the monorail and it made for a great seven mile run.  Too bad the Belleville Pond 10k wasn't this weekend, would've been great conditions (maybe not the section along Route 4).

At lunch at went back out for more miles.  I figured I wouldn't be running tomorrow and with hiking on Sunday this was my opportunity to put in a decent day.  The 10 Mile River bikepath was clear for a half mile before it became soft snow and ice.  I put on microspikes for this section and then removed them as I ran roads around Slater Park.  Beautiful day out there and I was glad to get in a rare double.

Saturday - 0 miles

Almost didn't make it up to New Hampshire as Ezri was sick but she turned it around and we got up to Littleton, NH by 9 PM.  What a lovely little main street in this town.

Sunday - New Hampshire - 7 miles

Amanda and I hiked up Mt. Liberty.  A tough snowshoe hike for Amanda.  I may write-up a report on it.

Weekly Log: 41.9 miles
Year to Date: 280 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment