Monday, June 26, 2017

Weekly Log: 6.19.17 - 6.25.17

Monday - East Providence, RI - 6 miles

Ab Ripper X (15 minutes)

A hot, humid one out there.  Went to Riverside and ran miles on the bike path.  Ankle was a little chewed up from the previous day's trails and I didn't feel like running but I got out there and ground out six miles.  Wasn't a bad run in the end.  Kids were getting ice cream near my car and they mocked my shirtless frame.  I'll show those little bastards.

Tuesday - 0 miles

P90X3 Eccentric Upper (30 minutes)

Getting back into the world of P90X with some shorter workouts from the P90X3 series.  The shorter time works for me and I was definitely feeling it in my shoulders and upper back afterwards.

Wednesday - 0 miles

Ab Ripper X (15 minutes)

Lunch yoga.  I missed last week so I was determined to get back to it this week.

Thursday - West Greenwich, RI - 7 miles

Ran the Big River trails from (Greasy?) Joe's parking lot, forming a big counter clockwise loop around Tarbox and Carr Ponds.  Temps were cooler before they climbed later in the day.  A good run with no bugs.  No leg ache afterwards.  Dare I hope that things are looking up?

Friday - Exeter, RI - 7.1 miles

I've been running with the Forerunner 210 for the past couple years which is a barebones but perfectly serviceable space watch.  Yet I yearned for sweeter meat.  Yesterday that meat arrived in the form of the fenix 3.  I saved some cash by getting a refurb but it seems in great working order.  This watch is a beast and I love it much already.  Soon I shall take it North on real adventures.

Anyway, I parked at Cuttyhunk and ran the Pardon Joslin hills repeatedly, ogling my new baby the whole time.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Pittsburgh, PA - 10.1 miles

I travelled to PA today to exhibit at a conference.  After I set up my exhibit (the conference starts tomorrow) I had plenty of daylight left in the day.  I went out and explored the local bike paths.  They have a great setup here - there are paths that line boths sides of the river and all the bridges have bike/walking lanes.  Very easy to run by just following the river in every direction.  A good run and nothing better than enjoying a good hotel shower afterwards.

Weekly Mileage: 30.5 miles
Year to Date: 638.7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment