Thursday, January 14, 2021

Wrapping Up My Last NH Trip - The Osceolas

Here's the final video from my trip up to the Whites at the end of December.  I wasn't sure if this hike up the Osceolas was going to happen as my knee was hurting in the morning as I hiked out of the woods from my hammock attempt (see previous video).  But after resting at the car for a couple hours I decided to give it a shot.  The knee ended not being a major issue and being the first one on the trail meant I got to hike in 1-2 inches of fresh powder which was lovely.

The wind was frigid but thankfully most of the hike was sheltered from it.  There were some nice views from Mt. Osceola but unfortunately most of the footage was corrupted.  

Besides being #22-23 for my winter list the other reason I wanted to get this hike done was to wrap up my goal of 300,000 feet of elevation gain for 2020.  I didn't relish the idea of returning home and trying to grab the last 3000 feet of gain doing hill repeats over two days.  So this was a satisfying way to wrap up the year.

I've been aggravating the knee pretty much after every run since then so I've take the last week off.  Hopefully I'll get back to running this weekend.  Enjoy this short video!


No comments:

Post a Comment