Friday, April 2, 2021

Pachaug/Nehantic 27 Mile Loop and Border Patrol Wrap-Up

I saved the longest Border Patrol for last with the 27 mile Pachaug/Nehantic loop.  Just barely an ultramarathon but for some reason I thought it was 30 milers.  Took my time, took lots of footage and just tried to enjoy a vacation day in the woods.  All the other Border Patrols over the past couple weeks weighed heavily on my legs however and I felt this one early on.  

Happy to manage to get all 19 of the courses done and it was good enough for 5th male overall.  I'll take it!  Truly this was a fun event that kept me busy this winter and now I'm looking towards more trail adventures as the weather warms.  I have one race on the schedule - Bubba's Backyard Ultra in the fall.  I'm looking forward to returning to this race.  Let's see if I can go more than 14 laps this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment