Friday, May 14, 2021

Fractured Rib and More Border Patrol Shenanigans - Quinebaug Trail

Back on Friday April 30th I was running in Burlingame and took a digger.  Scrapped up my elbow and was thankful that both knees missed nearby rocks.  Thought I got off easy but noticed my side was bruised.  The next day it hurt to bend over or sneeze.  The discomfort wasn't too bad so I thought it was a just mild bruise.  Even ran 22 miles that Sunday.  

Then over the next week the pain got worse.  I got it officially diagnosed as a fractured rib last Saturday and have been taking it easy since.  I must say this setback has gotten to me.  After struggling with motivation I was hoping to put together a good base this spring and possibly attempt a long FKT but it seems like every few months I hurt myself again.  Good news is that I can tell it's slowly getting better so if I can avoid being dumb hopefully I'll get back out there soon.

I decided to revisit footage I shot of the Quinebaug Trail during the Border Patrol Challenge.  I didn't think much of the footage at the time but I added some green screen goofiness and upbeat music.  Check it out below and if you haven't subscribed to my YouTube channel yet, rectify that!

No comments:

Post a Comment