Friday, March 15, 2013

Weekly Log: 3.11.13 - 3.17.13

Monday - Johnston, RI - 5 miles

Easy trail run through Snake Den to shake out the legs after yesterday's triumph at Ocean's Run.  Ran some of the trails I took last time and found some new trail that led back to Route 6.  It ended up making a 2.5 mile loop which I then ran a second time.  Legs felt good at first, then very tired but they felt good again towards the end.

Tuesday - 0 miles

P90X Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (60 minutes)

I was going to do Legs & Back today but the top of my left foot is hurting.  It felt fine during yesterday's shakeout but perhaps it's just delayed effects from Ocean's Run.  I figured I'd give it some rest and focus on the upper body instead.  Elbow didn't hurt like the last time I tried this workout which is a good sign.  I definitely pushed it early on - at the halfway mark I could barely hold my pencil to write on my worksheet.

Wednesday - 0 miles

P90X Yoga X (60 minutes)

Thursday - Smithfield, RI - 7 miles

I decided to do some hill repeats this morning instead of the track.  I'll be running the Jamestown Bridge 10k in a few weeks and figured I should prepare for the misery that lay in wait.  I parked at Stump Pond and first ran three easy miles around the reservoir.  My legs felt tired and I generally felt pretty blah.  I started to perk up as I neared the hill which was good because this hill was brutal. 

I decided to do three repeats.  I actually extended the first one further than I had planned in order to snag a Strava segment.  I was completely winded at the top and had to take a moment before beginning my jog back down.  Two more seemed daunting.  The second one was just as brutal but the third one didn't seem as bad (probably because I knew it was the last one.)  I'm definitely feeling it in my calves so the hills seemed to have worked.  We'll see if I have the will to tackle this workout in the future.

Friday - Smithfield, RI - 6 miles

Ab Ripper X (15 minutes)
4 pull-ups (2 sets) / 7 chin-ups (2 sets)
20 push-ups (2 sets) / 15 military push-ups

Just another run in the woods behind Fidelity.  I tried to keep pace peppy for the most part.  I wore my MT20s and they felt good - so light and so much fun to run with on the trails.  We'll see how my calves feel later.  It was beautiful out there.  Lots of criss-crossing of bubbly streams.  Just a very pleasant run.  Hard to believe that 1/4 mile away people were beginning to slog through another day.  They don't know what they're missing.

Saturday - 0 miles

Chainsawin', splittin' and stackin'.

Sunday -  West Greenwich, RI - 16 miles

Big River run.  Separate write-up here.

Weekly mileage: 34.1 miles

Year to Date: 334.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment