Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Garden Shots: Basement Seedlings 2014

Spring is here and it's time to throw some shit in the ground and hope it turns into food.  As you can tell from the frequency of these posts, my gardening has sort of dropped off as my go-to hobby.  Once I would have been toiling in the basement every night, tending to my precious seedlings.  Now the limited love I have give is directly mostly at my beer.  Wonderful, non-judging beer.  And my plants cry.  So it goes.

Anywho, I still got some stuff going in the basement to share with you.  I started tomato, pepper, basil and coleus seedlings.  Basil did alright, coleus and pepper did not and the tomatoes are getting big.  Here are a few shots.

Tomato babies reaching for the light

Basil and a couple bigger tomatoes

I transplant 'em into solo cups.  Drill a few holes in the bottom and they
work quite well.

I'm about to start a bunch of stuff outside in the garden and soon it'll be time to transplant these tomates.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment