Thursday, March 19, 2015

Weekly Log: 3.16.15 - 3.22.15

Monday - 0 miles

I had PT at lunch so no time for a run today.  The stinging pains that afflicted me after yesterday's group run seem to have abated so that's good.  They did some dry needling at PT which is sort of like acupuncture except the needles go deeper into the muscle.  Between that and the deep shoulder massage I was very sore for the rest of the day.

Tuesday - Seekonk, MA - 6.2 miles

50 push-ups (standard) 10/10/10/10/10

After a long break from push-ups, I finally started back up again.  For awhile I was worried about the neck thing but the PT guys said it would be fine to resume - no pull-ups for now though.  I'll be starting off slow with the push-ups though.

At lunch I went over to the Wheeler School in Seekonk for another of my patented loops.  I wore my minimal NB 730s which I haven't used in forever.  I wasn't sure how my legs would feel but I was hoping to put a good effort in.  After about a mile I picked up the pace and a downhill section further on allowed me to pick it up further.  I was feeling good throughout and I finished the six mile loop with a 6:35 pace which I was really happy with.  Shoes felt good although my calves were pretty sore afterwards.

Wednesday - East Providence, RI - 4.6 miles

80 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 20/15/10/20/15

First time in quite awhile that I've run straight from the office.  The slow melt has finally made the local roads safer and I battled the chilly wind and did a short out and back to the Tockwotton (a big apartment complex across from India Point Park.)  Calves are still pretty sore from yesterday.  It was mostly a sidewind so it wasn't too bad but occasionally I'd be buffeted by a nasty headwind.

Thursday - Charlestown, RI - 3 miles

I took the dog out in the morning for the usual.  Cold out there (around 20 degrees), a reminder that spring is not here yet.

Friday - East Providence, RI - 10 miles

I went for a longer than usual lunch run over to the East Bay Bike Path.  Normally I'd drive to the path but today I just ran the 2+ miles from the office.  It was a beautiful cool day and the bike path was mostly clear though there were a couple snow/ice sections to cross.  There were only a few folks taking advantage of the quiet conditions.  Enjoyable run and I was pleased with the mid-7 pace.

Snow began falling as I made my way home.  We had a good gig at Tara's and there were lots of folks there despite the snow.  Supposedly it's the first day of spring but it sure doesn't feel like it.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 12.3 miles

A late morning run.  It's always tough to get out the door as lack of motivation sets in.  I took Oliver out for 2.5 miles - luckily conditions were still pretty frozen over so he didn't get too filthy.  After dropping him off I set out for Browning Woods, hopeful that the trails would be runnable.  I was fighting a cold but once the run began I felt good, though phlegmmy.  The trail was packed down and icy and the running wasn't bad.  As the trail climbed there were even a few sections of exposed trail.  Amazing!  I decided I would take the Heart trail to Worden's Pond Road if it was in decent condition.  Despite only a single set of tracks the footing was very good and once a set of snowmobile/ATV tracks appeared it got even better.  I then took roads the rest of the way home.  By the time I reached Old Coach I was tired and had a lot of leg tightness.  A slow rewarding run.

Weekly Mileage: 36.9 miles
Year to Date: 324.7 miles


A good week of running with some longer runs and actual trail work.  Despite the snow, spring is here and soon all the trails will be ours again!

No comments:

Post a Comment