Friday, May 1, 2015

Weekly Log: 4.27.15 - 5.3.15

After four weeks of 40+ plus miles, this should be a lower week to give my legs a rest.  I'm also going to start counting my calories again using an app.  My weight's been creeping upward (no doubt thanks to my keezer).  Time to keep myself honest and drop a few pounds.

Monday - East Providence, RI - 3 miles

Holy Jeez my legs are sore.  Yesterday's 21.5 mile jaunt was much farther than I've run in some time and today I'm feeling the effects.  My quads have some serious DOMS and the calves aren't much better.  I discovered that I had a nail in my tire so I brought it to the mechanic about a mile from the office.  I extended the run to two miles heading back to work and then later in the day I took a straight shot to pick it up making for a short and easy day.

Tuesday - East Providence, RI - 6.2 miles

Well they could patch the tire.  Apparently it was too far gone.  The tread on the wheels was pretty low anyway so I brought the car back today to have some new tires put on.  Dropped it off in the morning and ran the mile back to the office.  Legs were still very sore from Sunday.  In the afternoon I did a longer run over to the East Bay bike path and then picked the car up on the way back. 

Wednesday - Seekonk, MA - 6.5 miles

I went over to the Caratunk Preserve for an easy trail run as the legs are still feeling sore.  I did the usual trail network which netted me about 3.5 miles and then I jumped on a nearby road to explore another powerline path.  The elevation dropped and suddenly I was looking at a swamp/stream ahead of me.  I considered turning around but said fuck it and clomped on through.  I got appropriately muddy and cut up by briars in the process.  However on the other side I was rewarded with a new trail!  I followed it and discovered a new network of dirt bike paths with some truly sketchy plank bridges.  I didn't fully explore it but now I know of some new trails to check out near Caratunk.




Thursday - Charlestown, RI - 3 miles

Took the dog out in the morning for what I knew would be the only run of the day.  The legs are still feeling lifeless and we kept the pace very easy.  At one point I had to fight the urge to walk.  Wow, that long run on Sunday really wore me out.  I definitely won't be looking to duplicate it this weekend.

Friday - East Providence, RI - 9 miles

165 push-ups (standard/wide) 25/30/25/30/25/30

I was kind of wishy-washy about today's run.  Not really sure where to go - I opted for the East Bay Bike Path.  I started off slow but soon my legs felt good and the pace sped up until I was running in the low 6s.  My body was responding to the speed so I kept going.  I had intended to turn around at 3 miles but I kept the pace going until mile 4.  Then I explored some trails nearby before heading back.  I wasn't going to pick it up again by decided otherwise on a long stretch between intersecting streets.  Good run and I was happy with how good I felt, especially the last few miles after the speed stuff.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 8.2 miles

I went over to Burlingame in the afternoon for some easy trail miles.  Parked at the entrance to North Burlingame and ran into the management area first.  Took the White trail down to the Pawcatuck - trail was in pretty good shape.  I got about five miles in the north area before heading down to Sammy C's.  I think I enjoy this trail much more when I start at the northern end.  Looked like there was some kind of fat bike race this weekend - lots of flags and tape.  From Sammy C's I took Schoolhouse Pond Trail to Vim Gormley and then back to the car.  I was going head down to the North Camp and make it ten but my pinky toe had been achy this week.  Just another injury to watch and I figured I'd just keep this run to 8 miles.  Always fun to get back to Burlingame and a good capper to the weekend.

Weekly Mileage: 36.3 miles

Year to Date: 555.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment