Friday, September 18, 2015

Weekly Log: 9.7.15 - 9.13.15

Dropped the ball on last week's log so this one'll be short.

Monday - 0 miles

Despite the Labor Day holiday I didn't run.  Felt lazy about it but we spent a fun day in Newport and walked around a wildlife sanctuary so I wasn't a complete schlub.

Tuesday- Charlestown/Narragansett, RI - 12.2 miles

220 push-ups (standard/diamond) 40/25/45/40/25/45

I did four miles in the morning as I knew the forecast was for a brutally hot day.  I had planned to do four more at lunch but Amanda suggested I wait until after work to run.  Good idea.  I drove south to Narragansett.  By the time I got there the temp was much more reasonable.  I did a mix of surfaces.  I parked at the elementary school, ran the length of the beach and then following the ocean wall into nearby neighborhoods.  I found a trail network I had never known about and continued along it until it plopped me out over on Kinney Ave.  Whoops - a little farther than I had planned but I didn't mind making it 8 sweaty miles.

Wednesday - East Providence, RI - 5.2 miles

Another really hot one.  I went out to the East Bay bike path and did five.  The wind coming off the bay made going out slow but it was still a relief from the temp.  I stopped at the midway point and enjoyed the ocean vista before heading back (aided by the wind).

Thursday - East Providence, RI - 11 miles

210 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 35/30/35/40/30/40

I left the house early intent on a trail run but the forecast was nasty with big thunderstorms moving in.  I opted to drive up to Providence where it looked like I'd be able to avoid 'em.  Did a big loop over to the East Side, up through Pawtucket and then back down to East Providence.  Explored a dirty trail just past a cemetary and some side roads to expand this normally 8 mile loop to 11 miles.  Good run and the weather ended up cooperating.  Humid as hell - probably would have been better if it had rained.

Friday - 0 miles


Saturday - Exeter, RI - 6.7 miles

I parked at Barbers Pond in mid-morning and ran the roads around Wolf Rock.  Good morning run and I found a new trail which I think would have led down to Hundred Acre Pond if I had kept going.  Saw a big snapping turtle in the small pond at the end of Wolf Rock Road.

Sunday - South Kingstown, RI - 15 miles

Met up with Muddy at the DuVal Cemetery and we had a good two hour run that included DuVal, Browning Woods and a extended portion of time in the Sand Dune trails where we got pretty lost.  I had no idea that they had clear cut so much of the forest near the dunes.  Progress cannot be stopped I suppose.  Luckily the trails nearby were spared...for now.

Weekly Mileage: 50.2 miles
Year to Date: 1,342.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment