Friday, September 4, 2015

Weekly Log: 8.31.15 - 9.6.15

Monday - Providence, RI - 8 miles

190 push-ups (standard/diamond/wide) 35/20/40/35/20/40

Hot day out there but the overcast sky and the continual breeze made it manual.  I went over to the East Side and ran up College Hill, hitting a bunch of different climbs.  I brought a handheld which helped and overall it wasn't too bad a run despite the temp in the high 80s.

Tuesday - 0 miles

13 pull-ups w/ equal # of assists (standard/chin-up) 3/5/2/3
Planks (1:12 / 1:07 / 1:04 / :55 / 1:05 / 1:00

Lazy day and I didn't have any initiative to head out and run.  Blah.  Sick of running around these dumpy streets.  Anyway, I did some pull-ups in the morning and planks in the office so at least I did something.

Wednesday - Seekonk, MA - 7 miles

I was going to run the sand dunes near Caratunk but then I had an idea to see what would happen if I followed some nearby traintracks.  A google search showed what looked like some ATV trails along the tracks so this sounded like a new adventure.  It was pretty hot so I brought a handheld.  The train tracks ended up being abandoned so no threats of trains.  And the dirt trails led to a cool little loop in the woods.  There would have been more trails but unfortunately a large swath had been cleared out by dozers for what I assume will be fancy homes.  Always good to find new trails.

Thursday - North Kingstown, RI - 16 miles

In the morning I got out early and parked at Cuttyhunk.  I did a short section there before taking the dirt road over to Fisherville.  I did some hills repeats mixed with exploring the Audobon trails.  A couple fun little loops here even though they technically ban "jogging."  After climbing back out I could have made a direct line on the road to the car but I decided to venture back into Cuttyhunk for a little more abuse.  This last mile wore me out and the deer flies finally found me as well.

Before band practice I did a few easy miles along the beach and down to Rome Point.  I thought I was going to get pretty far due to low tide but I guess I misjudged it.  This ended up being a super humid run and I was glad to take a cold shower back at the band house.  Super psyched to get sixteen miles on the day.

Friday - Providence, RI - 7 miles

220 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 40/30/40/40/30/40

This was a easy run through the city.  It was beautiful out - 75 degrees and not humid as hell for a change!  Not much to report other than I was happy to get it done and happy with my miles so far for the week.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Richmond, RI - 16.2 miles

Originally I was going to run at Burlingame but I've been there, done that and it didn't hold much interest for me.  I got out the door at 6:20 AM and was driving towards Arcadia even though it was farther than I wanted to travel.  On the way, I decided to park near Chariho Furniture and follow the North/South Trail to the north.  This proved to be a good choice.  The first 2.3 miles were pavement and then it was almost all trail for the next 6ish miles.  This is a fun section of the trail and the portion I ran in Arcadia featured the cool boulder garden.  The later parts were familiar from a previous run with Muddy.  It wasn't until I left Arcadia on the way back that my calves began to ache.  The last couple road miles were a slog but welcome after all the trails.  And I didn't roll my ankles on the run which was a bonus!

Weekly Mileage: 54.5 miles
Year to Date: 1,337.8 miles


Really happy with this week of running. Over 50 miles 3k elevation with two days off.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment