Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Week 5: 1.29.18 - 2.4.18

Monday - 0 miles


Tuesday - 0 miles


Wednesday - Seekonk, MA - 4.8 miles

A nice layer of snow on the ground after yesterday.  I brought my snowshoes with me to work but it would have been overkill.  Instead I just wore the Speedcross which were perfect.  Great run in the woods at the Caratunk Preserve and with the snow/bare trees I discovered a little shack in the woods near the trail.  I was a little afraid of getting a face full of shot from a grizzled hermit but the shack was empty.  In fact there was a little log welcoming visitors to this wonderful little shack.  It even had a old wood stove.

Thursday - Providence, RI - 6 miles

Ab Ripper X (15 minutes)

Actually did a workout in the morning which needs to become a routine.  It's February now - let's get it!  At lunch I went over to College Hill and ran some repeats up Jenckes Rd.  It's a steep climb and wore me out.  Sidewalks were mostly bare with some slushy spots.  Felt like a good workout with about 1100 feet of climbing.

Friday - Exeter, RI - 9 miles


Light snow/rain mix this morning and I headed out early to run in Arcadia.  Good snow base that was perfect for the Speedcross.  A few bare sections, a few wet sections but most trails had a minor amount of snow cover.  Couple sections up high had as much as 3 inches.  Solid run incorporating the Breakheart and Shelter trails.  Another 1000 feet of climbing.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 12 miles

Happy birthday to my girl Ezri.  9 years old!  We had much to do before her party so in order to get a run in without too much wife aggro I woke up at five and got to Burlingame for a 5:40 start.  First hour was in the dark with my headlamp and I was disappointed that the snow had receded so much already.  Did a couple loops on Burlingame North and it was finally light enough to turn off the light midway through the second lap.  A good couple hours of trails.  After a kids party I was pretty beat and happy to be back home for the second half of the football game.

Weekly Mileage: 31.8 miles / YTD: 87.4 miles

Time on Feet: 5h 35m / YTD: 20h 33m

Elevation: 3,648 feet / YTD: 13, 409 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment