Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Week 4: 1.22.18 - 1.28.18

Monday - Tamworth, NH - 4.5 miles

My long weekend in New Hampshire with my wife sadly wrapped up.  I went out early and did a bit of redlining on the White Ledge trail on the slopes of Chocorua.  Started the hike in the dark using my snowshoes on the frozen choppy snow.  A mix of conditions, including bare trail at points and treacherous rocks freshly coated in ice from the freezing rain.  No views but I was happy to get a couple hours in before heading home.  See last week's blog for the video (it's mostly about Waumbek but the last few minutes are of White Ledge).

Tuesday - 0 miles

I'm experiencing my usual post-NH hangover.  Not from libations but rather from the return to the flat city wasteland of Rhode Island.  This state bores me now. It was raining all day.  I decided to hang out in Mopeytown (aka my office) instead of being productive and going to yoga.


Wednesday - Providence, RI - 5.5 miles

I tried to psych myself up with some repeats on Jenckes hill.  I'm out of shape but the temp was nearly 40 degrees and it was good to get back out there and punish my legs.  Jankle was a little sore afterwards but nothing concerning.

Thursday - East Providence, RI - 5 miles

10 degrees colder today and a steady wind made for a nippy run on the 10 Mile River Bike Path.

Friday - 0 miles


Saturday - Wakefield, RI - 8 miles

Ezri began another round of drama club at the local theater and it gave me an hour and a half to kill.  Spent the time exploring Old Mountain trails and finding the connector to South County Commons.  Then I ran little loop repeats on the hilliest section of trail I could find to almost eek out 1000 feet of climbing.  Gorgeous day.

Sunday - 0 miles

Opted not to run early in the cold rain.  My excuse is that it's flu season.  Thoughts of running later in the day of course drifted away...

Weekly Mileage: 22 miles / YTD: 55.6 miles

Time on Feet: 4h 52m / YTD: 14h 58m

Elevation: 4,478 feet / YTD: 9,761 feet


Things are slowly getting there.  Much more work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment