Monday, February 11, 2019

Weekly Log: 1.28.19 - 2.11.19

I didn't update my blog for the past two weeks so I'll include them both here.  I was resting much of the week of Jan 28th with an ankle strain but I did manage to get in a few runs over that weekend.

Saturday - South Kingstown, RI - 4 miles - 200' elevation

A few easy miles on the bike path to test out the ankle.  Was still sore but running seemed alright.  Couldn't resist a bit of trail climbing that led up to an unfamiliar neighborhood.  Good to be back out.

Sunday - North Stonington, CT - 5.8 miles - 2000' elevation

With the ankle feeling better, I strapped on my ankle brace and did some Sunday morning repeats at Lantern Hill.  A good way to finish up an otherwise quiet week.


Weekly Mileage: 9.8 miles / 2275' elevation

January Totals: 93 miles / 17,800' elevation

Year to Date: 103 miles / 20,000' elevation



Monday - Pawtucket, RI - 6 miles / 100' elevation

Warm one out there.  I ran on the 10 Mile River Bike Path in shorts and a T-shirt.  This is February?  Decided to make a loop incorporating some sidewalks through a portion of Seekonk.  Feet a little sore by the end but the ankle wasn't an issue.

Tuesday - Providence, RI - 4 miles / 1000' elevation

Back over to Neutaconacut Hill on the west side of the city for more hill repeats.  Another warm one.  Mixed in most of the trails in this park among the various hill repeats.  Pretty tired by the end but happy to get 1000 feet of climbing.

Wednesday - Seekonk, MA - 5 miles / 300' elevation

Easy trail miles in the Seekonk Meadows.  Didn't consider how this warm weather would affect the trails - they were very muddy in places.  Still, a good run that served as a stressbuster for the struggles at work.

Thursday - 0 miles

P90X3 The Challenge - been a while since I did this pull-up/push-up routine.  Humbling.

Friday - Providence, RI - 8 miles / 900' elevation

I wanted to get in some decent mileage today but also some hills.  So the nearby city roads of College Hill was the default choice.  I felt pretty good right away on this run and sort of meandered up and down the various roads around Brown.  A satisfying run.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - North Stonington, CT - 11 miles / 2800' elevation

What a shock - back at Lantern Hill again.  Still enjoying my Sundays here and did a little more exploring of the local trails among the hill repeats.  Continued on the Narragansett trail for a while but after it passes the dump the trail becomes difficult to follow due to rerouting.  I went as far as I could until I came upon a cow farm and couldn't find any more blazes.  Then back to Lantern Hill for a few more repeats.  Finished with over 5k elevation for the week which I'm happy about.

Weekly Mileage:  34 miles / 5200' elevation

Year to Date: 137 miles / 25,300' elevation

1 comment: