Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Weekly Log: 2.11.19 - 2.17.19

Monday - 0 miles


Tuesday - Charlestown, RI - 6.7 miles - 650' elevation

Working from home with a snow storm coming and I went to run over at Carter Preserve for lunch.  Great time to run just as the snow was starting to fall.  Beautiful day out there!  Glad I did it early in the storm as everything turned to slush by the end of the day.

Wednesday - 0 miles

Slush fest out there.  No thanks.

Thursday - West Greenwich, RI - 9 miles - 1200' elevation

An early start to the day led me to Arcadia before work.   The remaining snow froze up again and was a crunchy delight.  Perfect for running.  A solid mix of hills and a satisfying run to start the day.

Friday - Providence, RI - 6 miles - 650' elevation

Aimless wandering over College Hill.  Happy to just get out there and slog out some easy miles.

Saturday - Charlestown, RI - 6 miles - 1000' elevation

Heading up to New Hampshire with Ezri for the long weekend but wanted to get some trail miles in before we left.  Didn't quite get in the long run I was hoping for as time was an issue but an hour in the woods is still good.  Or so I thought.  Went over the the DuVal trails.  Rolled my bad ankle halfway through and it hurt like a bastard.  I even had the brace on but I guess it wasn't tight enough.

Then I'm at the bottom of a hill and up top a big dog starts barking/growling at me.  No collar or anything.  It takes a few steps towards me but then holds its ground and I'm able to walk away.  By the time I crest the next hill I can see its owner attempting to calm it down.  This pissed me off as I was doing an out and back and knew I'd have to encounter it again.  Sure enough I round a corner and it charges at me.  It stops a few feet away.  I'm yelling at it, waiver a stick - the old man is slowly sauntering up behind seemingly unconcerned in the least.  I really let this old bastard have it - told him he was irresponsible, didn't know who was out here, couldn't control the animal without a collar even if he wanted to, yadda yadda.  He just muttered "sorry, she's kind of crazy."  GRRRR.

Sunday - New Hampshire - 3 miles - 600' 'elevation

Ezri and I started to hike up Mt Waumbek but she just wasn't into it.  No motivation whatsoever and there was no point in making her trudge onward.  Instead we went back to the car and opted to hike around the lake at the Highland Center.  This was more her speed on this trip.  Too bad as it was a gorgeous day.

Weekly Mileage: 30 miles / 4150' elevation

Year to Date: 167 miles / 29,500' elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment