Friday, October 23, 2020

Lantern Hill...and more foot issues

Last Sunday I ran repeats over at Lantern Hill.  Surprisingly busy with four difference groups heading up in the pre-dawn to get to the top for sunrise.  Once the sun came up I pulled out the GoPro and shot footage for the short video below.  A quick little tour of Lantern Hill as it were.

Went for a family hike over in Tillinghast later in the day and the bottom of my right foot began to ache midway.  By the next day it really hurt.  Hooray a new injury!  Anyway now it's Friday and the foot finally seems to be getting better so long as I'm wearing shoes.  It's when I'm barefoot that the pain is worse.  

Not sure what this latest injury is but it's a little dispiriting to keep get sidelined by nagging things as we roll through the last third of the year.  I spent my time this year collecting elevation with the goal of 300k vertical feet of gain. I was on track up until September and now that goal is slipping away.  Not a major thing overall but it does stink that I'm stuck at home instead of out on the trails.  Hopefully November/December will be more fruitful.

Anyway, guess I paid a heavy price for this latest video so make sure to watch it and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment