Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Run For the Pumpkins Trail Race - October 3, 2020

Oh no, I didn't run this race.  Besides my general lack of enthusiasm for shorter races, I smashed my big left toe on a log a couple weeks ago.  It turned many wonderful colors.  I was afraid it was broken but the X-ray came back negative and the diagnosis was not to run for 4 weeks.  Well it hasn't quite been two weeks yet but the toe does feel much better.  I'm planning a trip to the Whites this weekend which shall test it.

Anywho, I'm enjoying putting content up on YouTube and I was in need of something to film so I thought I've take a stab at recording another trail race.  Wasn't sure if the toe was going to be an issue but I didn't notice it at all.  I was definitely out of practice with regards to filming races.  I forgot about how once the race starts you have to just improvise and do your best.  A bunch of footage I thought I shot near the beginning actually didn't record which was a bummer but otherwise I'm fairly happy with the clips I got.  

For this video I experimented with slow motion and some zooming effects.  Probably over did it at times.  In terms of subjects I mostly focused on recording the usual suspects and then added some frantic music from last week's band practice.  Not too bad - if anyone still reads this blog please give it a view and considering subscribing to my channel.  I would certainly appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment