Thursday, December 6, 2012

Weekly Log: 12.3.12 - 12.9.12

Monday - Smithfield, RI - 7 miles

Yoga X (45 minutes)

The top of my troubled right foot was achy again this morn.  But I didn't seem to notice it while I was doing yoga or running.  I had to get out of the Fidelity path system today - I was getting bored.  I decided to attempt to snag a few Strava segment KOMs.  Unfortunately this meant the bulk of my running was on the Douglas Pike running against morning traffic.  It was busy as I ran away from work but at least it was pretty sparse on the way back.

Both segments I went after were up big hills so I guess you could say this was a makeshift hill workout.  I snagged one of the segments but the other one was actually a bike ride mistakenly indexed as a run.  I'll have to have that amended.


Tuesday - 0 miles

P90X Chest & Back (50 minutes)
Ab Ripper X (20 minutes)

We just got the complete P90X video series so I'm going to be adding these in as cross-training on my off days.  Today was Chest & Back which is mostly push-ups and pull-ups.  I can only do a few pull-ups at a time and some of the push-up variations were equally difficult.  I was pretty weak by the end.  First time I've done Ab Ripper X after another workout and it finished me off.

Wednesday - 0 miles

P90X Plyometrics (60 minutes)

I was a little worried about this one as I know it has a tendency to wear people down with all the jumping and movement.  Thanks to my running it wasn't that bad.  It was tiring but I was well prepared cardio-wise.  Good workout.

Thursday - Charlestown, RI - 5.4 miles

It's been awhile since I've had to march out into the cold, dark morning to run and I've been thankful for that.  But this was my only chance to run today and after my last two days of P90X I'm pretty much sore all over.  I needed a break.  So out into the cold I went.  I warmed up pretty quickly and did my standard out and back to the Nordic Lodge.

Friday - Smithfield, RI - 6.2 miles

Standard run around the Fidelity paths.   Legs are pretty sore from Plyometrics two days prior.  I knew that incorporating P90X workouts into my routine would sap my energy for a while and I definitely felt it on this run.  Just felt sluggish throughout.  I plan to take it easy tomorrow and hopefully I'll do alright at the Newport 10k on Sunday.

Saturday - 0 miles

Stretch X (50 minutes)

Sunday - Christmas 10k - Newport RI - 10 miles

Separate write-up here.

Weekly mileage: 28.7 miles

Year to Date: 1,190.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment