Friday, October 31, 2014

Weekly Log: 8.27.14 - 11.2.14

Monday - East Providence, RI - 3 miles

210 push-ups (standard/military/wide/diamond) 30/30/30/15/30/30/30/15

Coming off our backpacking journey in the Whites I was feeling pretty good.  I decided to see how a short run felt.  I did three miles in East Providence neighborhoods.  Legs felt alright but the knee still feels "off."  I've no doubt it would have begun to hurt at some point if I had kept running.  A bit frustrating and it looks like I'll be resting it some more.  I'm starting to doubt whether I'll be running Li'l Rhody this year.

Tuesday - 0 miles

My knee definitely feels achey after yesterday's run.  And now I've got a twinge in my upper back.  A delayed pain from the heavy pack over the weekend?  Or perhaps from yesterday's push-ups?  I suspect the former but either ways it's another annoying injury.  Hopefully it clears up quick.

At lunch I drove over to the East Side and then walked up along Wickenden.  The construction over there is abysmal - roads are closed here and there and the smell of fresh asphalt lingers in the air.  Will they ever be finished?

Wednesday - 0 miles

41 pull-ups (standard/chin-up/close grip) 7/8/6/6/8/6

Yesterday's unexpected back pain is gone so that's something.  I walked along the Turner Reservoir at lunch.  Gorgeous fall day with a heavy bed of leaves on the ground.

Thursday - 0 miles

220 push-ups (standard/wide/decline) 35/30/25/25/40/30/35

Push-ups at lunch and then a short walk around the block.  My weekly blog posts are probably going to get duller before they better but I'll keep them up all the same.

Friday - 0 miles

45 pull-ups (standard/chin-up) 7/9/6/9/6/8

Took the dog for an early morning walk.  Stars were incredible.  Saw a really bright shooting star.  Maybe I'll chance a short run this weekend.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - 0 miles


A whopping three miles on the week.  Knee feels good though and I'm hoping that I can start to work runs back into next week.  I'm a bit antsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment