Friday, October 10, 2014

Weekly Log: 8.6.14 - 8.12.14

October is here and my legs are trashed from NipMuck.  I've got two weeks until the Bimbler's Bluff 50k - and that two week window is looking pretty slim now.  The janky knee issue affected me at NipMuck but didn't stop me.  It's going to be low low mileage for the next two weeks as I give my legs a chance to heal up before we enter the fray once again...

Monday - 0 miles

SORE.  My legs are exhibiting the normal soreness associated with a long hard trail race but my knee is definitely more than sore - it hurts.  Going down stairs is tough.  I did walk the dog in the morning which helped loosen up the legs but my knee was aching by the end.

Tuesday - 0 miles

32 pull-ups (standard/chin-up/close grip) 5/7/5/4/6/5

Legs are still pretty sore but movement has returned to normal. Thankfully the knee doesn't feel too bad today.  However today the outside of my left ankle decided to start hurting.  Not sure what that's about - guess more aftershocks from NipMuck.

Wednesday - 0 miles

This ankle thing is annoying.  Definitely doesn't feel good if I twist is certain ways.  Reminds me of how I felt after a couple bad ankle rolls.  Probably will be fine in a few days - I think tomorrow I'll return to the streets for a short run.  As for today, I opted for a 50 minute walk at lunch time.

Thursday - Seekonk, MA - 3 miles

I felt like it was time to get another run in, albeit a short one.  I went over to Caratunk for some easy miles on their trails.  Beautiful windy fall day with a fresh layer of leaves on the ground.  Legs felt alright and while the ankle thing is still present it didn't bother me while I was running.  Almost stepped on a big black snake sunning itself - it took off into the bushes and scared the shit out of me.  I felt like my knee was starting to ache again towards the end which sort of bummed me out.  An hour later I felt determined not to let it get me down.  I'm going to keep the running very sporadic over the next week and I'll be towing the line at Bimbler's, one way or another.

Friday - 0 miles

42 pull-ups (standard/chin-up) 6/8/6/8/6/8

Went over to Providence Power Yoga for a great yoga session!  I left feeling relaxed and energized at the same time.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - South Kingstown, RI - 5 miles

I wanted to get in a short trail run so around noon I ventured over to DuVal trail in Perryville.  Holy crap it was packed with cars!  I had to park on the street.  I passed lots of people - a family with whiny kids, a large group of older folks, several couples with dogs of various demeanor.  It was a good run and the ankle issue seems to have cleared up.  While my knee didn't hurt it still felt a little "off" during the run.  But I'm confident that another easy week will set me up to grind it out at Bimbler's.


Weekly Mileage: 8 miles
Year to Date: 1,533.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment