Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekly Log: 8.3.15 - 8.9.15

August is here and I've no idea what my fall plans are.  But I'm sure I'll come up with something and so it's time to kick up the mileage and begin to focus on long runs.

Monday - East Providence, RI - 8.1 miles

It was a hot one out there but with the bastard Strava elevation challenge complete I was happy to head out on a flat run.  I ran the East Bay bike path down into Barrington and the pace ended up being pretty peppy.  I'll contribute that to finally having flat route to run.  I found a little trail network right where I wanted to turn around.  I'll have to explore it another time.  Overall pace for the run was under 7 minutes which pleased me.

Tuesday - Providence, RI - 4 miles

This morning a screaming hellstorm came through, stealing our electricity but luckily not causing any destruction in our yard.  Up at the office, it turned out East Providence was without power as well.  Before heading back down south I got a short run over on the East Side, hitting the hills around hope street.  Up and down, up and down.  It was fairly hot and my legs weren't happy to return to hill work.  Back at home there was still no power - a seemingly yearly occurrence that we are now well used to.

Wednesday - Providence, RI - 8.3 miles

Busy day at work and I didn't get out until later in the afternoon.  No time to drive anywhere so I just ventured over the bridge to Providence and ran aimlessly until it was time to turn back.  Weather was finally reasonable and not too hot.  Legs were feeling tired by the end.  After a night without power we weren't looking forward to more of the same but luckily the lights came back on at 7 PM.

Thursday - North Kingstown, RI - 8.2 miles

290 push-ups (standard/military/wide/decline) 45/30/40/30/45/30/40/30

Before band practice I ventured out for an afternoon run.  Went through Rome Point first before touring the old stomping grounds.  Some some family friends on their property and then ran past my childhood home.  By now I'm at four miles and while I was hoping for about twelve my legs were feeling spent.  I suppose from all the recent miles.  I was intent on hitting up Snuff Mill Rd but there was no pep.  I had already convinced myself to do ten but by the time I got to the top of the hill I was happy to cut it again to eight.  No reason to kill myself and I was ready to get back to the band house and order some dinner.

Friday - Charlestown, RI - 7 miles

I was working from home so I opted to visit Carter Preserve at lunch time.  After doing a loop through all the woodland trails I went over to the grassland loop and followed an overgrown trail that leads to the train tracks.  I watched a train go by and then following the tracks for awhile, not really sure what my plan was.  I soon came upon an overgrown dirt road and knew I had to check it out.  Eventually it came out to some property I think is owned by the electric company.  I backtracked and followed a side trail which was became sand and pine needles.  I found myself at another one of those sand dunes where folks like to ride dirt bikes and a little more exploration led me to the Narragansett Trail Rd.  Satisfying to find some trails outside of Carter and I followed the powerlines back to the car.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 14.7 miles

My long runs have been sorely lacking so I wanted to get one in today.  Amanda and Ezri were heading to Wheeler Beach so I decided to run and meet them there.  It would be about 15 miles which was just what I was looking for.  I left a few minutes after them even though the skies were cloudy and overcast.  After a few miles I began to feel drizzles and cursed myself for forgetting to bring my phone.  Would the weather get worse?  Would they stay at the beach?  Nothing to do now but soldier on.  I took Worden's Pond Road down past Tuckertown and then went briefly through Wakefield on my way over to Point Judith Road.  It sprinkled intermittently throughout the run but nothing major.  It was actually great running weather.  PJ Rd was busy and kind of blah but my pace picked up here so I guess my legs liked it.  Good run and no knee issues.  The girls were still at the beach and we spent another couple hours there as the weather cooperated.

Weekly Mileage: 50.5 miles
Year to Date: 1148.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment