Friday, August 28, 2015

Weekly Log: 8.24.15 - 8.30.15

Monday - Lincoln, NH - 1.5 miles

This was just the hike down from the Lonesome Lake Hut with Ezri but it's time on feet so I'm counting it so LAY OFF.

Tuesday - Charlestown, RI - 6 miles

Ezri had outpatient surgery in the morning to remove the flexible rods from her leg which she needed after she broke her leg last year.  It was quick and she did great.  We were home by noon and she was hobbling around by day's end.  It was a hot steamy day and I had no desire to run in the heat.  I went out around 5 PM once it began to cool down and went to Charlestown Beach for six barefoot miles.  Beach running isn't exactly easy (especially with the tide coming in) but it was a refreshing run.  I'm dealing with the post-mountain hangover but I had to admit that it's pretty nice to be so close for these beach runs.

Wednesday - West Greenwich/East Providence, RI - 12.6 miles

220 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 35/30/45/40/30/40

Before work I ran the west side of Big River.  I decided to take a cue from Jonny and explore all the pine trails along Big River itself.  They twist and turn upon themselves and I kept following whichever route would keep me never the river border.  At one point the trail veered to far away for my liking so I bushwacked to another one I spied.  I kept going and eventually hit upon Sweet Sawmill Road, then followed the dirt roads back to the car.  Fun run and while it was super humid the cool temps and lack of bugs made for an enjoyable run.

At lunch, I went out and did five easy miles on the East Bay bike path.  Temp was low 80s but very pleasant with the wind coming off the bay.

Thursday - North Kingstown/East Providence, RI - 8.3 miles

Planks (1:15 / 1:05 / 1:10 / 1:02 / 1:05)

In the morning I stopped at Ryan Park intending to get in five or so miles.  I had no pep right off the bat but figured the legs just needed to warm up.  After a few miles I was still feeling sluggish and it was an effort to keep going.  I finally decided to just bail after 3.5 miles and run some more at lunch.

By the afternoon I was feeling no better and even dressed for the run I almost called it off.  I ended up doing a loop up to Slater Park, justifying it by exploring some new roads.  The roads ended up being busy and crappy but at least it was a new loop and by the time I got to the park I had no choice but to run back to the car, forcing myself to do five miles.  I felt completely run down today but I still got 8 miles so in the end I'm happy I got it done.

Friday - Charlestown, RI - 7.5 miles

What a difference a day makes.  Today I was working from home and hit up Carter Preserve at lunch.  I felt great from the get-go and really enjoyed this woodland run.  Legs had lots of pep.  Rolled my left ankle bad at mile three but the pain quickly faded.  I did a big loop that included that section along the traintracks and the old dirt roads/sandpits I found on my last go-round here.  It's funny how yesterday was such a chore and today was a delight.  A couple hours later and my ankle is pretty sore which is a slight concern as I usually don't feel it afterwards.  I plan on resting tomorrow anyway so hopefully that'll do the trick.

Saturday - 0 miles

My ankle ended up being very sore from rolling it yesterday.  I was walking gingerly down the stairs.  Hopefully it's nothing serious and mends quickly.

Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 9.4 miles

With the weak ankle I didn't want to run long but it was feeling better than yesterday so I wanted to test it out.  I did three easy miles with the dog and then went back out and did a bigger loop on the Narragansett trail and Route 2.  Ankle felt fine while running so that was a big relief.  Not the long run I had anticipated but I still hit 45 miles for the week and it appears the ankle situation has righted itself which is the important thing.

Weekly Mileage: 45.7 miles
Year to Date: 1283.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment