Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekly Log: 10.12.15 - 10.18.15

Monday - 0 miles

My legs were shot from last weekend in New Hampshire so I content to take a zero.

Tuesday - East Providence, RI - 7.1 miles

Not much motivation today but I got myself out to the Ten Mile River Bikepath and did a mix of trails, path and pavement.  I ended up moving pretty well despite how lethargic I felt.

Wednesday - 0 miles

Legs are still sore and I had things to do so no running today.

Thursday - Johnston, RI - 8 miles

Got up to the Snake Den for an early morning run.  Crisp out there but I warmed up pretty quickly.  Instead of the usual Connector trail I took the road over to the power line trails.  This was a nice change.  I also discovered a well marked dirt bike trail.  Lots of orange blazes and orange arrows pointing the way.  It was barely a trail in places.  I wore the Hokas and I had to be really careful about rolling my ankles here.  I enjoy running in these shoes but they just don't work for me on anything remotely technical - they really want to roll on me.  Anyway the dirt bike trail was a lot of fun but the markings ended and I had to bushwack briefly to rejoin it.  After that I went up to the scenic vista before heading back via the Connector trail.  Just as I'm stepping off the trail I roll my ankle pretty badly of course.  Damnit!

Friday - East Providence, RI - 7 miles

Beautiful autumn day but I was aimless about where to go.  I headed over to Riverside and had the idea to attempt a segment around Bullocks Point.  It's a neighborhood loop of about 1.5 miles.  I pushed it as best I could.  I was happy to see 5:20ish on the watch for a while but then it caught up to me and I was over 6 minute pace by the end.  Unfortunately the segment began and ended a 1/4 mile farther up the road.  Whoops.  Still happy to see that I've got some speed in those legs - Strava says it was my third fastest mile at 5:36.  The rest of the run was meandering through coastal neighborhoods followed by some bike path to tack on mileage.

Saturday - North Kingstown, RI - 14 miles

I ran around N.K. for my weekend's long run.  Started at Wilson Park and first ran through Wickford neighborhoods.  Then I headed down to Rome Point. Ran into a friend pulling his daughter on Terre Mar and walked with him for a few minutes.  In Rome Point I was already getting tired but I did find a new trail that skirts the southern boundary which I really liked.  It spits you out at the old chimney in the woods.  I took Annaquatucket up to the old railbed and followed that to the library and then the car.  My legs were very tired by the end.

Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 2.1 miles

Took the dog out in the afternoon for a very easy jog.


Weekly Mileage: 38.4 miles
Year to Date: 1,556.8


A lower mileage week but my legs were pretty sore from all that hiking.  Overall I'm happy with my mileage lately.  I've hit 50 miles in six of the last twelve weeks.  Pretty good!  As you can see from the graph below, I've overtaken the progress from the previous years.  If I can keep it up, this'll be my highest mileage year yet.

Red is 2015, purple is 2014 and orange is 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment