Sunday, November 1, 2015

Weekly Log: 10.19.15 - 10.25.15

Amanda's away for much of the week so dog walking duties fall to me.  This should help me get a decent amount of mileage this week.

Monday - Charlestown/Providence, RI - 8.1 miles

Took the dog out for a couple miles in the cold dark of 5:30 AM.  At lunch time I did a meandering run over to College Hill.  Not much motivation but I got it done.

Tuesday - Charlestown/East Providence, RI - 10.5 miles

Grinded out ten miles through a sad triple.  First a dog jog in the morning (at least it wasn't freezing like yesterday).  Then at lunch I did a quick four mile loop along the East Providence shoreline.  It's a filthy place which is sad.  Then after work I did another four miles along the bike path.  Another low motivation day but I got through it.

Wednesday - 0 miles

The lack of motivation finally caught up to me.  I failed to take the dog out in the morning as was my charge.  I stayed in bed instead.  And that lethargy continued throughout the day.  My boss brought in a big bowl of Twix and Snickers and I was took weak to ignore them.

Thursday - Charlestown, RI/Seekonk, MA - 10.7 miles

The day off seemed to work.  I got the dog jog done in the morning and at lunch ventured to the country roads of Seekonk.  There's a powerline section I've been eyeballing for the last year and I finally decided to get after it.  It begins with a pricker strewn path through a swampy section that was finally dry enough to be of minimal nuisance.  Then there was a good stretch of utility road which led to some doubletrack.  I dumped me out on familiar roads and I took them around to the Cuttyhunk Preserve.  This run was a fun mix of quiet road and trails.  Glad I finally got to those powerlines.

Friday - Seekonk, MA - 5.1 miles

I returned to Seekonk for more trails but I once again had little pep.  I ground out five miles on most dirt road trails but it was a chore.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Hopkinton, RI - 19 miles

I met Muddy at Ashville Pond for a two hour trail run.  A light rain began to fall but the miles went quick spurned on by good conversation. We took trails past Yawgoog Pond up to Green Falls Road and then stuck to dirt roads for a bit before taking those same trails past Yawgoog.  At this point we were closing on two hours and it was clear that we'd be out longer than anticipated.  I was actually glad of this because I had been shirking my long runs and it was about time I got an honest one in.  However my legs were really beginning to feel it.  I also had the start of those damn bloody nipples so I had to peel my shirt off lest it get ruined.  Finally we closed in on our cars and we had to decide between the legbeater trails of Long Pond or dirt roads.  We chose the dirt roads but it ended up beginning considerably longer than we thought.  By the time we got to the lot we were approaching three hours.  My legs were useless.  A hard run but just what I needed.


Weekly Mileage: 53.4 miles

Year to Date: 1610.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment