Friday, November 6, 2015

Weekly Log: 10.26.15 - 11.1.15

Monday - 0 miles

My legs were pretty trashed from the long run with Muddy yesterday so I took it easy today.

Tuesday - East Greenwich, RI - 10.4 miles

115 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 20/15/20/20/20/20

With an early start, I parked at the park on Frenchtown Road and decided to do a mix of roads and trails.  It was mid 30s and dark to start and I ran with a hat and headlamp for the first mile.  I ran the roads up to the Hopkins Hill Rd parking lot at Big River.  I wore the Hokas which worked pretty well on the roads but as soon as I entered the trails I was aware of how unbalanced I was.  This will definitely be the last time I wear them on technical stuff.  I managed to get myself lost pretty early on before taking the ridge up around Carr Pond.  After a couple miles in the woods I came out upon South Road and followed it to complete a big loop.  Fun run that got warmer and lighter as I went.

Back in the office I did some push-ups which I've really chumped out on lately.  They were pretty tough and my numbers were way down which is to be expected.

Wednesday - Seekonk, MA - 6.5 miles

Not much motivation today but I got it done.  Parked at Caratunk Preserve and ran some roads I hadn't been on before.  They led me up to almost Attleboro and then I took some train track trails for a bit before returning to the car on familiar roads.  Rain drops began to fall just as I got back to the car so I timed it right.

Thursday - East Providence, RI - 10 miles
The rest of Wednesday was a rainy mess but by lunch time on Thursday it was beautiful out.  I arrived at work early so that I could extend my lunch run instead of trying to get out early in the nastiness.  This proved to be the right choice.  I took the bike path from Riverside down into Barrington.  I explored a small network of trails along Brickyard Pond before taking some fancy housed roads back to the bike path.  Pace was in the low 7s and I was feeling good on this run.

Friday - 0 miles


Saturday - 0 miles


Two days of no running - just didn't have time/inclination.  However this week of running convinced me to finally pull the trigger on a big race.  I signed up for Bob Jackman's 6 Hour Ultra in Warwick Park next weekend.  Even though I haven't been purposefully training and my long runs have been woefully inconsistent, my mileage has been up so I feel like I should be able to grind out a decent performance.  I've never done a timed event and normally multiple short loops wouldn't be my thing but I think this is a good year for me to jump into it and see how it goes.

Sunday - North Kingstown, RI - 8.1 miles

This run almost didn't happen but I didn't want to make it three days in a row of not running.  I finally set out for a loop in Quonset.  I didn't want to run too long as I guess I'm now in taper mode.  A good run to finish the week and start November.

Weekly Mileage; 35.1 miles

Year to Date: 1,683.8 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment