Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Weekly Log: 12.14.15 - 12.20.15

The 4th Season winter trail series begins anew this weekend.  Looking forward to the team rivalry and I'm happy that the weather has cooperated as much as it has.

Monday - East Providence, RI - 2 miles

I had big plans to run around East Providence/Providence to take care of some errands.  I brought my Deuter Speedlite daypack that I nabbed at the last REI yard sale.  It's small but can hold much stuff.  I figure it'll be perfect for mountain adventures.  Unfortunately as I head to the post office a mile away the front of my right foot began to ache at the ankle.  This was frustrating - it had happened at the end of yesterday's long run but I had chacked it up to irritation where the shoe met the flesh.  I guess not.  I ended up just running back to the office rather than risk making it worse.

Tuesday - 0 miles

Ankle still hurts so I'm taking it easy for a bit.

Wednesday - 0 miles

Another zero to let the foot heal.

Thursday - East Providence, RI - 6.2 miles

I dropped my car off for an inspection and I ran two miles back to the office.  Foot felt fine.  Extended the run a bit in the afternoon before picking up the car.  Foot seems good to go.

Friday - Providence, RI - 7.8 miles

Another errand run, this one over by the mall in Providence.  Brought my daypack again and enjoyed running in the rain.  Picked up a Christmas gift for my wife and then made my way back to the office.  No foot pain so that's good.  Crossing the Henderson bridge, I crossed paths with a guy who looked like the speedy fella who has been stealing my Strava segments.  Sure enough, the Strava flyby function confirmed that was the guy.  I love technology.

Saturday - South Kingstown, RI - 5.2 miles

Old Mountain Field 5k.  8th overall.  Report forthcoming.

Sunday - 0 miles

By late afternoon yesterday the arch of my right foot really began to ache.  Somehow I must have tweaked it at the race.  It felt better today but still not great so I opted to take it easy.  Still on my feet all day as I got my Christmas shopping done.  A new early record for me!

Weekly Mileage: 21.2 miles
Year to Date: 1,937.5 miles

I'm closing in on 2000 miles for the year but with my foot seeming to act up from this weekend's race, will I be stumbling to the finish line or falling just short?

No comments:

Post a Comment