Friday, January 1, 2016

Weekly Log: 12.21.15 - 12.27.15

Oh dear, after finally catching up I'm way behind on my blog posts again.  I wanted to get the Year End review up before January but that didn't happen.  I'll get there.  In the meantime, here's another short weekly summation.

Monday - 0 miles

The Old Mountain Field 5k really messed up my feet.  Maybe it was all the twisting trails but after having ankle trouble with my right foot, today my left shin is aching.  It was an easy decision to take a zero.

Tuesday - Exeter, RI - 8 miles

Amanda is already on vacation so I was able to run early.  I was bleh about the normal options so I parked on the New London Turnpike at Route 102 and headed north on the dirt turnpike.  It eventually came to the familiar dirt roads of Big River.  I followed the dirt roads and eventually came to Congdon Hill Rd.  I was hoping it would lead me back to the NLT and it did.  Now my feet were starting to ache.  The last couple miles weren't too bad but with another fifty or so miles to go until I reach 2000, it could be a painful final slog.

Wednesday - South Kingstown, RI - 7.4 miles

Another morning run.  I made the last second decision to run at Wolf Rock Rd again.  I do enjoy the powerline trail here.  The bottom of my right foot was bothering me as I began the run but it faded after a few miles.  I took a side trail down to Hundred Acre Pond Road.  I was looking forward to exploring this road when my right ankle began to hurt.  I can't catch a break!  With new foot pain I made my way back to the car. 

Thursday - Charlestown, RI - 5.7 miles

No more work for 2015.  It was a very warm Christmas Eve and I took the dog out for easy miles to the Nordic Lodge.  Feet felt alright and I was sweating by the end. 

Friday - 0 miles

Merry Christmas!

Saturday - Charlestown, RI - 8.6 miles

Another beautiful day in the 50s! I went out in the afternoon to Carter Preserve and ran the usual trails.  They are really going to town on that new area they purchased.  Cutting down everything.  Are they looking to just expand the grasslands?  Strange.  I finished the run off with that old trail I discovered previously at the end of Narragansett Trail.  Another good run and once again the feet felt alright.

Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 3.8 miles

The day got away from me and it looked like a run wasn't going to happen.  Around 4 PM Amanda suggested I take the dog out.  This was a good suggestion.  We ran up to East Farm and back.  Nothing major but it was good to get out and the mileage was needed if I'm to try for 2000 by the end of the year.

Weekly Mileage: 33.7 miles

Year to Date: 1971.2 miles


4 days and 29 miles to go in 2015. Legs are feeling tired but feet are holding up lately so I think I'll be able to get to 2000 miles by year's end.


No comments:

Post a Comment