Friday, March 3, 2017

Weekly Log: 2.27.17 - 3.5.17

Last week presented the first hiccup of the year as some sloppy trails chewed up my left ankle and left it pretty sore.  I'm going to attempt to be responsible and rest it to let it heal properly.

Cross training has also taken a tumble.  My planking hasn't been consistent and my push-ups/yoga regiment has been non-existent.  I really need to get back to it by my motivation is completely lacking.

Amid all of this my desire to run a long spring race was quietly been waning.  I was looking at the end of April for a race as I've got big hiking plans for May.  But with March upon us I feel like my training is pretty weak overall to attempt a 50k in less than two months time.  Not saying I won't do it as I'm a stubborn bastard.  However my long runs have been petering out around 12-15 miles far too often and I'm sort of apathetic about the whole thing.  Frankly all I want to do right now is plan more hiking trips to the Whites.

But every week brings fresh hope/misery so here we go...

Monday - 0 miles

I brought my running stuff to work but apathy is in full effect.  I've got a little bit of a cold and my ankle still a little sore so the Excuse Train has left the station full speed ahead.

Tuesday - 0 miles

My ankle doesn't seem to be getting any better.  Still sore.  Very odd.  And now I've got a full-fledged cold.

Wednesday - 0 miles

I took an actual sick day to rest and get over my sickness.  'nother zero.

Thursday - 0 miles

Back at work, I had intentions of running today.  Then I looked at the shoes I brought - two left shoes.  Whoops.  That was not intentional.  I mean it.

Friday - East Providence, RI - 6.7 miles

6:15 minutes of planks (longest - 3:04)
180 push-ups

I finally threw off my Cloak of Sloth and went for a run on the East Bay bike path.  Ankle was sore at first but then the soreness faded.  A fine run with some major headwind on the return trip.  I think I'll need to be careful about running trails in the near future but road running should be fine.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - 0 miles

I had no intention of running on Saturday but I did plan to run on Sunday.  I admit that the cold weather turned me into a wuss and I never got out the door.  I did get a decent upper body workout but chopping a shit-ton of wood so that was something.  Still, a pretty sad weekend running wise.

Weekly Mileage: 6.7 miles
Year to Date: 308 miles


Time to put this week behind us and look ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment