Friday, March 24, 2017

Weekly Log: 3.20.17 - 3.26.17

The Brrr-lingame 10 Miler is this Saturday.  Always a fun race and I was bummed to miss it last year.  The snow is clearing and it looks like spring is finally taking root.  Hoping to get keep up the mileage this week.

Monday - East Providence, RI - 7 miles

It's always tough to get motivated to run on Mondays.  I willed myself into making it an adventure but veering off the bike path after a mile and just heading east into Barrington.  I got good and lost on neighborhood streets and eventually found my way back to the car.  Legs were a little tired after 17 miles yesterday but not too bad.

I got that soreness later in the day and I've come to realize it's not really my ankle but rather just above on my lower outside leg.  This has me quite concerned.  It's a dull ache and it hounded me from the last hour of work to the long drive home.  I fear it could be another stress fracture.

Tuesday - 0 miles

5:30 minutes of planks (longest - 2:40)

No running today especially after yesterday's pains but I did a P90X3 Yoga workout in my office (I missed lunch yoga as I had a conference call).  It was a little tight next to the desk but I made it work.

Wednesday - East Providence, RI - 2.1 miles

8 minutes of planks (longest - 2:30)

My planking has reached a plateau and now I'm having trouble hitting even three minutes.  I suppose this sort of up and down is normal.

No intention of running today, I decided to just go for a walk along the forested bike path.  Windy as hell and with temps in the mid 30s it wasn't exactly a delightful day.  I've been using Headspace to meditate for the past few weeks and I'm enjoying it so today I did a walking meditation session which didn't do much for me admittedly.  Tomorrow I'll try a short run and monitor the results closely.

Thursday - East Providence, RI - 5.7 miles

8 minutes of planks (longest - 3:19)

I ran the bike path and nearby roads.  Nothing felt off other than that the body felt sluggish.  No leg ache later in the day which was comforting.  I shall race on Saturday.

Friday - 0 miles

Hopefully my leg thing was nothing but I wanted to be sure with the race tomorrow so I opted to rest again.  Another round of P90X3 Yoga in my office.

Saturday - Brrr-lingame 10 Miler - 13.1 miles

9th overall.  1:13ish.  Report forthcoming (hopefully)

Sunday - 0 miles

My ankle was a little sore from yesterday's race but not too bad.  Opted to just take it easy (lazy).

Weekly Mileage: 28.3 miles
Year to Date: 413.8 miles


Leg trouble early on and a hard-but-satisfying trail race to end the week. The ankle/leg wasn't an issue so hopefully my leg ailments have turned the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment