Sunday, March 19, 2017

Weekly Log: 3.13.17 - 3.19.17

Monday - Seekonk, MA - 7.8 miles

Ankle is a little sore after the last two days of snow running but with a blizzard coming tomorrow I wanted to get some miles in.  I mapped out a new loop on the quiet roads of Seekonk/Rehoboth.  A fun loop and the sunny weather quickly took the chill off.  I cut through the Caratunk Preserve to finish the run.

Tuesday - 0 miles

P90X3 Yoga (30 minutes)

Worked from home with the impending blizzard which turned out to be a dud.  Turned to rain by 11 AM and our driveway became several inches of slush by the end of the day.  I did get a morning yoga session of P90X3.  It's only 30 minutes so if I can make a habit of it I think it will be quite beneficial.

Wednesday - Richmond, RI - 9.3 miles

8 minutes of planks (longest - 3:07)

I went into work late due to avoid icy roads (though they weren't bad) so I opted to park in Hope Valley and run some quiet Richmond roads.  They were hillier than I anticipated but I felt good and enjoyed the climbs.  It was chilly in the low 20s but I warmed up quick and luckily there were only a few icy stretches to contend with.  A really satisfying run.

Thursday - North Kingstown, RI - 9 miles

8 minutes of planks (longest - 3:05)
Yoga (45 minutes)

I made it to lunch yoga for a really good session.  Then after work I parked at Rome Point and ran local hilly roads.  My ankle is still feeling sore at times and is not healing as I expected.  But it generally doesn't hurt while I'm running.  Still I didn't want to aggravate it on icy/muddy/sloppy trails.  I had gotten out of habit of running before band practice due to the dark evenings so it was great to run in the dusk light again.  Two days of hilly nine milers wore my legs out by the end.

Friday - East Providence, RI - 3.5 miles

6 minutes of planks (longest - 3:20)

A short St. Patrick's day run that led me by some local Irish pubs.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 17 miles

That damn ankle was sore yesterday afternoon and this morning.  It really stole my motivation and I contemplated bagging this one but I glad I dragged myself out there.  I felt pretty lethargic at first but eventually I warmed up and the run felt better.  I managed a nice 2 hour 20 minute loop.  Legs were only really tired for the last mile or so.  The ankle's not an issue on any of these runs - but it can be constantly sore when I not running.  It's strange.  I'm hoping it's nothing major but I suppose at this point I should get it looked at.

This was the farthest I've run since mid-December.  At this point I'm not really training for a spring race but I may jump into one as a long training run if I can find one that fits my schedule.  It would be good just to see what I have and it would be a hard effort I can put towards a potential mountain adventure in June.


Weekly Mileage: 46.7 miles
Year to Date: 385.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment