Sunday, January 14, 2018

Week 2: 1.8.18 - 1.14.18 - The Jankening

Monday - Seekonk, MA - 2.6 miles

Ankle remains sore but I can't stay contained indoors.  I brought my snowshoes with me to work and at lunch went over to the Seekonk Meadows for a lunch run.  It was 30ish degrees so I went with shorts.  I immediately regretted it as the snow was unbroken and soon the back of my legs was caked in frosty snow.  Soon though I found some broken trail and I was able to work into a run.  That melted the snow and warmed me up.  I did a mix of running and walking and my Dion snowshoes worked great.  They are not the straight up running shoes, but the ones designed for both hiking and running.  They worked well but man it's hard work on unbroken/half-broken ground.  A good 45 minutes of effort.

Rest of the week - 0 miles

I paid a price for Monday's snowshoe effort.  My ankle was very sore the next day and though I could walk on it fine through the week there is still major discomfort.  It's painful to apply pressure at points and I guess in retrospect this is a full-blown ankle sprain.  Fuck this shit.

The first race of the 4th Season Trail Series is this weekend but I haven't even considered running it.  So far rest has done little to make this ankle injury better so I suppose I'll need to get it looked at next week.

Sunday morning, 12 days after the injury and the ankle aches even when I'm sitting on the couch - a frustrating start to 2018.

Mileage: 2.6 miles / Year to Date: 20.6 miles

Time on Feet: 43 minutes / Year to Date: 4 hours 43 min

Elevation: 200 whopping feet / Year to Date: 2193 feet

1 comment: