Monday, January 21, 2019

Weekly Log: 1.14.19 - 1.20.19

Monday - 0 miles


Tuesday - Providence, RI - 3.2 miles - 1000' elevation

Neutaconkanut Hill is now officially my favorite go-to spot to get elevation at work.  It's a drive to get to at lunch so it cuts down on my actual running time but unlike Jenckes Road climb over on College Hill, this is actually trails.  I did about 40 minutes and the climbs are steep enough that it's more hiking than running.  Lots of taco places I mean to try on the way back too.

Wednesday - Charlestown, RI -  5 miles - 540' elevation

Working form home as we're getting an energy audit done to see how energy efficient we are (not bad - just need some new insulation on one side of the attic).  At lunch I went over to Burlingame and did a loop on Schoolhouse and Sammy C's.  A dull lower leg ache began to make itself known halfway through.  It was uncomfortable enough for me to take a few walking breaks.  I think this is where my stress fracture was a few years back so I'm hoping this is just some weird phantom ghost pain I've heard of.

Thursday - 0 miles

P90X3 Eccentric Upper (30 minutes)

Afraid of this new pain, I opted not run today.  But I got in another Eccentric Upper session.  Two weeks in a row!

Friday - 0 miles

Heading to Nashville today with my family to spend time with my brother's family.  Could have run in the morning but I chumped out, partially out of lingering concern about my ankle but mostly because I'm just lazy.

Saturday - Nashville, TN - 5.4 miles - 600' elevation

My brother Jesse lives in the suburbs maybe 15 minutes from Nashville in a neighborhood with some steep climbs up dead end streets.  My kind of place!  It was downpouring much of the morning but there was a brief window when I ducked out into just cloudy weather.  I did a short run in the morning to get the lay of the land and gobble up a few of this short steep climbs.  Started to drizzle by the end but I beat the next downpour.  Leg seemed fine so whatever that pain was seemed to be a temporary thing.

Sunday - Nashville, TN - 11 miles - 1500' elevation

A light coating of snow and some downright chilly temps came through in the night (low 20s!)  Jesse took me over to Percy Warner Park which has lots of hills and a wide connection of trails, both pavement and otherwise.  We stuck to the pavement since the trails were a mucky mess from yesterday's rain.  Roads were icy in spots but just snow covered or bare in others.  Jesse runs the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon here every year in November on these roads which ends up being about 4k or so elevation over the course of it.  Makes for some loooong uphill climbs - definitely different from doing steep hill repeats on trails.  A good workout in a beautiful snowy landscape.  Pretty funny that I still haven't seen snow at home but I found it down here in Music City.

Weekly Mileage: 24 miles / 3700' elevation

Year to Date: 74 miles / 15100' elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment