Sunday, January 13, 2019

Weekly Log: 1.7.19 - 1.13.19

Monday - 0 miles

Post New Hampshire malaise in effect.  No real desire to get out there.

Tuesday - Providence, RI - 2.3 miles - 800' elevation

Should've ran yesterday since it was drizzly and cold today.  Still I went out to Necotunkadunk Hill (incorrect spelling).  Took a while to get there with bullshit construction on 6/10 connector so I only ran for 35 minutes or so.  But I did a bunch of climbing which was my goal.  Calves not so happy after this short one.  Too bad calves, there's more to come!

Wednesday - Providence, RI - 8.4 miles - 360' elevation

Very windy out there.  Big a big usual loop through E.P., Pawtucket and Providence.  Felt pretty good once I got out there.

Thursday - 0 miles

Postponed office Christmas party so I focused on eating sausages and cake today.  But I did get in my first P90X3 workout in quite some time in the early morning hours so kudos to me for that!

Friday - Smithfield, RI - 8.5 miles - 1400' elevation

Frigid out there this morning, probably in the low teens.  The powerline sections of Wolf Hill that were exposed to the wind were extra nippy but the wooded trails weren't bad.  Never seem so much water on the trails - it was partially frozen but you certainly couldn't walk on it.  Was able to get there with enough time for a 1.5 hours which allowed for a good amount of elevation gain.  A fine trail run.

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - N. Stonington - 9.4 miles - 3300' elevation

A return to elevation in the dark of 6 AM for more Lantern Hill repeats!  Pretty much just went up and down, up and down for a little over two hours.  I'm pretty much just hiking up and then running the techy downhills but I really think this is a great place to get in some extended climbs which will (eventually) pay dividends in the Whites.

Weekly Mileage: 28.7 miles - 5900' elevation

Year to Date: 49.4 miles - 11,500' elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment