Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weekly Log: 2.1.16 - 2.7.16

New month - same as the old month?  I hope not as I don't think I can take another 30 days of such stagnation.  We shall see.  The Belleville Pond 10k is this weekend.  I haven't missed it in several years and I'd hate to miss it now - especially with the new racing sign-up's cool standings page.  With Bob Jackman heading south to torture himself on donuts, here's my chance to sneak into the top three in my age group.  I hope to be there, janky ankle and all.

Monday - 0 miles

190 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 30/20/35/30/20/30/25

Ankle was really sore today after yesterday's trail run so I opted to do little and less. I did convince myself to do push-ups towards the end of the day so that's something.  My push-up strength is slowly coming back.

Tuesday - 0 miles

I was going to run at lunch but the ankle ached and I bailed, partially out of concern and partially because I was feeling lazy.  Should've just gone out and ground out a few miles.

Wednesday - Seekonk, MA - 4.5 miles

New Plank PR: 2:44
155 push-ups (standard/diamond/wide) 25/15/30/30/15/40

My plank time is starting to get up there (for me anyway). Not doing anything special other than attempting one long plank per day.  Some days I chump it and I don't bother on Ab Ripper days.  A lot of deep breathing and concentration but I'm intrigued to see how long I can go.

At lunch I ventured to the Caratunk Preserve.  50 degrees and windy but warm enough for shorts and a T.  Beautiful out there even though the ankle hurt mildly for the whole thing.

Thursday - 0 miles

My plank for Lunch Yoga was twarted by work bullshit.  Planned to rest Old Man Jank and not run so there was nothing to do today.

Friday - 0 miles

Ab Ripper X (15 minutes)

Worked from home due to the snow storm so I missed out on Lunch Yoga again but I'm certainly not going to complain about not having to drive up to the city.  The storm put the kibosh on tomorrow's race at Ryan Park - no port-o-johns or places to park.  Bummer.

Saturday - 0 miles

I should've done something active today but once again I was a lump.  It ended up being good that the race was postponed as it gave me more time to get things ready for Ezri's birthday party today.  Seven years old!  Where does it go?

Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 5 miles

Ankle hasn't been aching that much so I didn't really have any excuse.  I went over to the Carter Preserve to try out my microspikes for the first time.  Beautiful day in the 40s and snow was mushy and plopping off the trees.  They work well but in the rotting snow they picked up a lot of snow clumps.  Even with only an inch or two of snow it was tough going, in part because of my fading fitness.  I took a couple snow plops off the head which took me unaware.  One of them really smarted.  Ankle wasn't too bad on this run.  Hopefully a positive sign.


Weekly Mileage; 9.5 miles
Year to Date: 41.7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment