Monday, February 15, 2016

Weekly Log: 2.8.15 - 2.14.15

Monday - 0 miles

More snow so I ended up working from home today.  More shoveling and the like but no running.

Tuesday - South Kingstown, RI - 2 miles

With the roads still shitty I was able to work from home again.  Unfortunately that meant missing an appointment I had up in Providence for my ankle.  No way I was driving up there just for that.  At lunch I did however head over to Perryville for a couple miles of snowshoe hiking.  No running per se but it was good to get out there.  We're planning a trip to New Hampshire next week so this is good prep work.

Wednesday - Charlestown, RI - 2.8 miles

Towards the end of the day, I went and did some more snowshoeing at Carter Preserve.  This was a fun loop - the woods were lovely as the sun went down.  Overdressed a bit for this one.

Thursday - Seekonk, MA - 4.1 miles

Went up to work early and went over to Seekonk for a few cold country miles.  Ankle was noticeable throughout but that's normal now.  Only a few patches of ice to watch out for on the roads.  The fast drivers were a greater threat as usual.

Friday - 0 miles

No time to fit in a run today.  Ankle was pretty sore after the last few days of effort so I would have rested it anyway.

Saturday - 0 miles

Frigid temperatures today meant we all just hung out in our wood stove heated basement.  I did four minutes of planks.  Towards the end of the day Ezri and I ventured out into the cold for a short 1/2 mile walk at Browning Woods.

Sunday - 2.8 miles

I took Oliver over to Browning Woods for a good hike in single digits.  I used it to test out my winter hiking gear which worked well.  Were I working a little harder I would have been overdressed.  My winter boots, mittens and jacket all worked well.  Trail was frozen and well packed down so bareboots were fine.  Another four minutes of planks today but I've yet to approach my best elbow plank of 2:44 that I set a couple weeks ago.


Weekly Mileage: 11.9 miles
Year to Date: 53.6 miles


Another week of minimal improvement with the ankle.  I was happy to get out and enjoy the winter trails for a bit more this week as the snowshoeing didn't aggravate my ankle as much.  I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment