Sunday, February 21, 2016

Weekly Log: 2.15.16 - 2.21.16

This'll be a fun week.  I've only got one day of work ahead of me and Amanda and I are heading up to the White Mountains to do some hiking.  Can't wait!

Monday - Charlestown, RI - 3 miles

2:00 of Planks (Elbow - 1:00 / Left straight arm - 0:30 / Right straight arm - 0:30)

With the day off for President's Day, I took the dog out in the afternoon for some easy miles.  Ankle ached as usual of course but there was a light snow falling which made for a pleasant run.

Tuesday - Seekonk, MA -  6 miles

4:30 of Planks (Elbow - 2:03 / Left straight arm - 1:00 / Right straight arm- 0:40 / Straight arm - 0:45)

The crazy February weather continues with temps in the 50s on a windy, wet day.  My only day of work this so I went over to Seekonk to do a standard six mile country road loop.  A light rain began to fall halfway through which felt great.  The ankle was not a huge issue which helped a lot.  Great run.

Wednesday - 0 miles

Amanda and I headed north for our couple's getaway.  We stayed at the White Mountain Hostel in Conway which turned out to be great.  We had our own room and had a couple nice conversations with other guests.  A lot of YMCA teens and a bunch of older hikers mostly.  We did some shopping in the afternoon and we scored some great deals at the winter clearance at L.L. Bean.  I got a sweet down jacket for $34, Amanda got a couple pairs of hiking boots and we both got some quality wind pants which came in handy for our hikes.


Thursday - White Mountains, NH - 6.2 miles

Amanda and I hiked up Mt. Pierce.  Separate write-up to follow.

I had to make sure we stopped at the New Balance outlet store in North Conway.  The deals there are always worth it - I picked up two pairs of shoes (one road, one trail) for $65!

Friday - White Mountains, NH - 5.4 miles

Amanda and I hiked up South Moat Mountain.  Separate write-up to follow.

Saturday - South Kingstown, RI - 5.7 miles

Back in Rhode Island and my body was feeling the hikes from the last two days.  My ankle was sore and I should have rested it but it was another glorious day and it felt wrong not to get out there.  I hadn't been to the Great Swamp in some time so it seemed like a good choice.  Lots of cars in the parking lot and there were many people out there enjoying the day.  Ankle hurt towards the end which I guess I deserved but I'm glad to be putting up decent mileage this week (I'm including my hiking of course).

Sunday - Charlestown/North Kingstown - 5.1 miles

4:40 of Planks (Standard - 2:07 / Left straight arm - 0:55 / Right straight arm- 0:46 / Straight arm - 0:51)

Another beautiful day and despite ankle soreness I got a few miles of running/walking.  First I took the dog out for two easy miles.  Then we went for a family hike to Rome Point.  Lots of seals out on the rocks and a nice gentleman shared his telescope with us so we could see then up close.

Weekly Mileage: 31.4 miles
Year to Date: 85 miles

A fun week of adventures and I'm definitely counting the hiking/walking to bump me up above 30 miles for the first time this year.  The ankle is still an issue but I'm able to run through the discomfort so I'll take it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Will look forward to your hike write-up.
    As a fellow NB-shod runner, I really appreciate when you can hit the right deals at NB outlets. Last year in VT I picked up a pair of 610 trail shoes for $39 and Jana had me go back for a 2nd pair while we were still there.

    ReplyDelete