Friday, March 11, 2016

Weekly Log: 4.7.16 - 4.13.16

Monday - 0 miles

6:41 of Planks (Elbow - 2:25 / Left straight arm - 0:47 / Right straight arm- 0:36 / Straight arm - 1:39 / Elbow - 0:22 / Straight arm - 0:19 / Elbow - 0:33)

Welcome to Cap'n Planky's Vunderblog! This week's target is 6:30 minutes of total planking (ideally with no breaks other than transitioning from one form to another).  This morning was rough.  I wasn't in it mentally and as you can see I put myself in a hole which required me to gut out some sad additional planks.  Still I to the 6:30 mark.

I went to Lunch Yoga to start the week off right.  The Yogi Julie is one of the best there and she speeds the moves up after a while.  Good session.

Tuesday - Seekonk, MA - 2.4 miles

6:43 of Planks (Elbow - 2:41 / Left straight arm - 1:21 / Right straight arm- 1:03 / Straight arm - 1:28)
135 push-ups (standard/military/wide) 20/20/30/20/15/30

Felt much better this morning during planks.  It's very much mental and I went into it determined to improve on yesterday.  At lunch I went for a walk around the Turner Reservoir.  Beautiful spring day out there and walking doesn't irritate the ankle so at least I'll be able to walk/hike during this downtime.

Wednesday - Burlingame, RI - 3 miles

6:39 of Planks (Elbow - 2:30 / Left straight arm - 1:07 / Right straight arm- 1:08 / Straight arm - 1:54)

More good planking.  I'm getting some wrist pain during the side straight arms.  Folks have suggested going on my elbows but I don't care for that position.  Others have suggested wrist straps so I need to look into that.

I was working from home today as we're having boiler i$$ues.  Took advantage of the beautiful day and went for a hike in Burlingame.  Parked on King's Factory and did a Vin Gormley > Schoolhouse > Sammy C loop.  Felt good to be out there.

Thursday - East Providence, RI - 2 miles

6:40 of Planks (Elbow - 2:40 / Left straight arm - 1:21 / Right straight arm- 1:01 / Straight arm - 1:38)

An easy walk along the Ten Mile River Bikepath.  Sprinkles throughout but when it's nearly 70 degrees who gives a damn!

Friday - 0 miles

6:36 of Planks (Elbow - 2:24 / Left straight arm - 1:15 / Right straight arm- 1:10 / Straight arm - 1:47)

Saturday - 0 miles


Sunday - Charlestown, RI - 1.9 miles

6:09 of Planks (Straight arm - 3:04 / Elbow - 1:01 / Left straight arm - 0:35 / Right straight arm- 0:37 / Elbow - 0:52)

Mixed up my planks today and did the straight arm first.  It threw everything off as I knew it would.  I'm a creature of habit.  I took the dog for a walk in the morning.  Felt guilty about not getting out there for a longer hike.

Weekly Mileage: 9.3 miles
Year to Date: 116.8 miles


So yeah, I'm counting all these walks/hikes as running mileage.  Sue me!  I've got to pad the stats somehow.  My ankle definitely feels better and I'm not getting any of the ache/stinging I was getting first thing in the morning.  So apparently the rest is doing me good.  Now to just not run for another month to make sure I've got this thing licked.

1 comment:

  1. Wrist straps? I plank on my forearm because my hand and forearm don't bend to a right angle, even with pressure, it is obtuse something like 110*. I had some yogi gloves with a wedge but they felt funny and I don't think really worked, and they fell apart soon after I got them. Happy Planking!

    ReplyDelete